Beautiful juicy pulled beef for many family recipes, tacos, lasagne or loaded potatoes
WHAT YOU NEED…
- 2kg Beef Blade Roast
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Rub
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
HOW TO DO IT…
- Lightly trim beef of any excess hard fat.
- Apply your favourite rub, you don’t need to use a binder for your rubs, just a slight dash of olive oil is fine rubbed onto beef surface before rub application. We used Allrounder BBQ Rub.
- Set smoker/oven/bbq to temperature of 250℉ /120℃ and cook beef until internal temp of roughly around 165℉/76℃, before you wrap meat.
- This is where it gets good! Grab a tray that is good size fit for the beef you are cooking, not too large, and add a cup of hot beefstock, enough to fill bottom of tray and then place your meat in, then wrap tray. This allows for good moisture in your meat for final process.
- When meat reaches and internal temp of 205℉/96℃ check for softness.
- Get a toothpick and probe meat in multiple spots, if meat is soft with minimal resistance when probing, your meat is done. If still little hard keep cooking until it probes tender.
- When meat is done, let a little steam out of tray to stop the cooking process (just a few minutes) then wrap tray up, and place in an esky(this helps to keep meat warm during rest) or wrap tray in towel, for at least an hour.
- Now you are ready to pull the beef into tasty shreds of goodness, put the beef through all those tray juices that it’s been sitting in.
- Beautiful juicy pulled beef for many family recipes, tacos, lasagne or loaded potatoes.
- Beef will handle strong flavours so use a punchy flavour packed rub.