Juicy and Delicious. Make sure you add all those tray juices back of the pulled lamb for extra flavour.
WHAT YOU NEED…
- 2kg Lamb Oyster
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 Cup BBQ Rub
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Honey
HOW TO DO IT…
- Lightly trim lamb of any excess hard fat.
- Rub lamb in mayonanaise and then coat in Carnivore Candystore Smokin Herb’n Garlic.
- Set smoker/oven/bbq for temp of 250°F /120°C and cook lamb until internal temp is roughly 165°F/76°C, before you boat meat. (Finishing in stock)
- Grab a tray that is good size fit to lamb you are cooking, not too large, add a cup of chicken stock and honey, and place your meat in, then wrap tray. This allows for good moisture in your meat for final process.
- When meat reaches temp of 205°F/96°C is when you check for softness.
- Get a toothpick and probe meat in multiple spots, if meat is soft with no resistance when probing, your meat is done. If still a little hard keep cooking until there is no resistance.
- When meat is done, let a little steam out the of tray to stop the cooking process, then recover it. Wrap in a towel and place in an esky (this helps to keep meat warm during rest) for at least an hour.
- Now you are ready to pull the lamb and serve to the waiting crowds.
TIPS – Make sure you add all those tray juices back of the pulled lamb for extra flavour.